GuardSHIP is a European shipbuilding intellectual property (IP)
collective management organisation. It is designed to provide practical and cost efficient services to shipyards and related companies, with the purpose of:
- Providing comprehensive shipbuilding dedicated expertise related intellectual property protection
- Safeguarding the knowledge assets and the intellectual property of innovative shipyards and related companies
- Raising awareness and promoting respect for the economic and legal interests of European shipbuilding innovations
- Analysing and addressing issues directly linked with the shipbuilding specific knowledge leakage problems
- Activating concrete support by policy makers and cooperating with the relevant international organisations and authorities
- Promoting shipbuilding technology transfer in a controlled manner at mutually agreed terms and conditions.
The GuardSHIP services are provided by a small in-house team
of experts, with a strong industry backing. Its competence is based on an intensive and regular exchange with experts from major shipbuilding and related companies. In addition, GuardSHIP sources complementing expertise through a close network of specialised companies active in IPR relevant areas such as international law firms, patent offices and software houses.